- Introduction to Acrylic Painting
Introduction to Acrylic Painting
Learn to Paint using Acrylic
In this beginner class, you will learn about color mixing, painting on canvas and paper, how to add depth and dimension to your work and so much more. If you already like to paint, learn to take your skills to a new level!
In this class, there are two options. If you already have some supplies at home and would like you use your own, the cost will be $160. If you are a total beginner and would like to have the material provided, the cost is $180.
Note: If you will be supplying your own materials, please register via EMT to email@example.com.
Classes will begin on Sunday, March 5th from 6:30-8:30 and will run for 8 weeks.
Supply list required:
- Liquitex or Grumbacher brand paints: Basic or academy (student grades):
- Warm colours: Ultramarine blue, Cadmium Red Deep, Ced. Yellow medium
- Cool colours: Prussian Blue, Alizarin Crimson, Lemon Yellow hue
- White & black paint (Note: Artist Loft brand colors not as saturated)
- 9x12 or 11x14 canvas boards or stretched canvas - likely 1-2 per class OR 140lb. watercolor paper pads.
- Acrylic brushes: 1-2” flat brush, #8 round or bright, # 4 or smaller round brush, fan brush if desired– good for textured effects
- Rags or paper towels
- Water container
- Small table easel
- Drawing pencil, white eraser, ruler, tape for securing paper
- Other materials will be discussed in first class
- Note: Craft paints will work but are not as heavy bodied and will not create textures. However, if you want to start here, and you have the materials at home, feel free to bring them along.